Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Hawaii expands push to fuel hydrogen cars

Perhaps hydrogen fueled vehicles are not as far off as we think!

Hawaii may be the nation’s first state to implement and have a successful hydrogen fueling infrastructure that will support thousands of hydrogen fuel vehicles. 12 different organizations are working in conjunction including local utility providers of Oahu, and General Motors in order to get this project going. The idea is to have this infrastructure up and running by 2015 to provide the many fuel-celled vehicles predicted to come out that year. This would make hydrogen fuel-celled vehicles a reality. The only problem I see coming up would be, if the cars fail. However this plan seems pretty legitimate and hopefully Hawaii won’t loose a load of money on this project.


GM_Hawaii_Fuel_Cell_Vehicle_05


Mr. LaFave said that he didn’t think that this would happen in his lifetime, and he hopes he is wrong. I am still incredibly skeptical on whether this will work or not, however if it does this would truly be astonishing.

3 comments:

  1. If this plan works and is followed through with successfully, than that would be absolutely wonderful. I definitely think the demand for them would be there if it was available.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i definatly agree that if this worked, it would be a total hit, the only problem is whether it would work or not. i personally hope it does.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it would be nice for you guys but hydrogen cars are not for me. I'm an American and I will never give up my 43 yr old gas guzzlin V8. There is nothing like the rumble of a V8 chevy, and only if they become illegal will I stop driving a gas powered car.

    ReplyDelete