Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Citrus Disease


Citrus Disease With No Cure Is Ravaging Florida Groves


Published: May 9, 2013

This article is about the possible end for all orange juice kind. A bacterial disease which is incurable is ravaging Florida’s orange groves. It causes the oranges to drop before they are ripe which means they are pretty much useless. With this disease 76000 jobs are at stake not to mention billions of dollars worth of oranges. This is a big problem because many people are losing jobs over this disease. The disease itself is transmitted by a bug the size of a needle head which feeds on the citrus and deposits bacteria in the tree itself. And or me personally this is also a huge problem! I Love orange juice and without oranges there can be no orange juice! If I could do something about it I would but I cant so I probably wont.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/05/10/us/disease-threatens-floridas-citrus-industry.html?ref=earth

1 comment:

  1. No! Not the oranges! Like seriously? Why couldn't it be bananas because I don't like bananas. There needs to be a solution to this ASAP!

    ReplyDelete