Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Crucial Carbon Dioxide


Crucial Carbon Dioxide

By JUSTIN GILLIS

Published: May 13, 2013

This article is about carbon dioxide levels in the atmosphere.  Apparently it has passed some symbolic level of over 400 parts per million. This just go’s to show how much carbon dioxide mankind is spewing into the air daily. This is important because carbon dioxide is a greenhouse gas and it contributes to global warming and the melting of polar ice caps, which in turn will raise sea levels. My opinion on this isn’t very big, no matter the consequences mankind is naturally stubborn and likely no change will be made to correct this problem, and as for me personally, I myself will probably not change my habits for this. http://www.nytimes.com/2013/05/14/science/earth/crucial-carbon-dioxide-reading-revised-downward.html?ref=earth But it is still a big problem that does need fixing.

No comments:

Post a Comment